Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Children and their Laundry

I've gotten very tired of the way my kids (my daughter in particular) treat their clothes. I'll do the laundry, get it folded and put in their room. It's then their job to put it away properly. My daughter is particularly bad about finding hiding places for her clothes instead of putting them up. Both of them will "forget" to put up their clothes until the topic is forced and then generally I'll find the clean clothes (still folded) mixed in with their dirty laundry. So, I've taken it upon myself to refuse to do their clothes. They want clean clothes, they have to wash it, put it in the dryer, fold it and put it away. I'd hoped it might at least force my daughter to think more about her clothes. Instead, today, I find the clothes that SHE had washed shoved under shelves in her closet. So for her, all clothes done this way are being treated as unwanted. Off to the donation box. I'm not purchasing more clothes for her (even if her current stuff is outgrown) until she figures this out. I'm so done.

No comments: