Monday, January 12, 2009

Animal Crossing - City Folk

OK, I have to confess I'm rather addicted to this game. I'm not sure why, it's a very simple game. You create a character, create your town, then move in. From there it's a matter of meeting your neighbors, earning "bells" and buying stuff. You can discover fossils, go fishing, catch bugs and go to the city. I don't have any friend codes which would let me go explore other towns, though maybe eventually I will. In the meantime, my kids want to create their own files on my game. So far, I haven't been able to let them. My condition was that they clean their bedrooms and playroom. As much as they bug me about wanting to play, it's not apparently enough to get those chores done. Instead, they've been watching me play and trying to tell me what I need to have my character do. I did go out and get the book that goes along with it. It was a good move. It lets me know what things I should be doing and what I can do. Some of it is seasonal, so it's a good reference.

So, I recommend it if you like that sort of game.

No comments: