Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Quantum of Solace

First, I have to admit that I didn't get the spa pedicure. I decided to wait until after the movie to get it, then after the movie was ready to come home. So, I'll do that another time. That said, the movie WAS AWESOME! Hubby tried giving me a heads up that he'd heard it was high on action, low on plot. As I in turn pointed out to him, I wasn't after plot. It did, though, have ENOUGH plot to pull it off (as far as I'm concerned anyway).

I went out to the "new" theater out at Northlake, the Movie Tavern, to go see it. I paid $5 for the matinee, which I really liked. I got there about lunch time, so I splurged on lunch while I was there. I paid $8 for a cheeseburger and a couple of bucks on a drink as well. The theater itself reminds me of the old Mill theater downtown (now a night club) that we went to during college. You can order your food at the front concession stand and they'll give you a number to take with you. Inside the theater itself are the movie seats (of course) with small bar-type tables in front of you. The tables are essentially where the next row of seats would have been in a regular theater. Because of this, the theaters don't seat as many people, but it's a trade off either way. I tried to take a picture of it with my phone, but it was a bit too dark for my camera to do. There are no cup holders on the seats either, but with tables in front you don't really need them.

Menu-wise, it's kinda Applebee's-ish. Burgers, quesadillas, pizza, etc. They do have a kids menu too with chicken fingers. I didn't read all of it, just noted it was there. They do serve beer, can't say I tried any.

All in all, a nice way to splurge some on myself without going too overboard. I'll have to do it again when Angels & Demons comes out in May, 2009..

No comments: