Friday, November 21, 2008

Annoying People

Have you ever met someone who you just don't like? There doesn't have to be a logical reason behind it, just something about them sets your teeth on edge. I know of one person who I have to interact with fairly regularly who does this to me. It doesn't help that I have real reasons to not like her on top of my instinctive reaction about her. I know of other parents who have the same reaction that I do. Yet, for some reason we choose to ignore those reactions so that our children can continue with what they're doing. The kids don't interact with her over much (random occasions) and they prefer to simply ignore her.

But what is it that we actually react to that turns us off to begin with? Is it body language? Tone of voice? Are there pheromones that will drive you away? I don't know what it is, but I do know that I have a major attitude problem when I have to deal with her. I tell my husband that my attitude is showing.

2 comments:

Lone Butterfly said...

This is one of those times when I think - Oh! I know someone just like that!...then I think...wait...am I annoying? I mean, I know I'm annoying, but am I THAT annoying?

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to ignore stupid/annoying people - and I have to say that this year I've done a much better job in that situation!

Ashley said...

I can honestly say she's not in the likeliest to read my blog. Everyone can be annoying to some extent, but it's the rare person that puts me on edge like this..