Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sharing my new toy

Well, it's not totally new, but I'm playing a lot more with it lately than I was. When I was visiting my folks' for Christmas in 2006 one of my dad's buddies showed me a DVD that his daughter had made for him. It was a slide show set to music of their trip to Disney World. I thought that was just cool beans. So I set off to find a way for me to make those kinds of things.

I came up with ProShow Gold by Photodex. It's a really easy to use package, pretty much just drop and play. It'll import music for you from your CD, so you don't have to convert to MP3 first or anything else. I've used it to make a slide show of my marathon this year for my dad and I. I also have created a slide show for a friend who was supposed to go to the Yorktown with us, but couldn't.

Now I'm creating slide shows for my Cub Scout pack for our upcoming Blue & Gold banquet. I'm creating a show for the Webelo IIs that will be crossing over into Boy Scouts and one for the pack to show off the last year.

My favorite part of putting it together is figuring out what music will go best with the show. My son watches most of what I do, so he's "finding" music that he likes that I grew up with. It's a really cool thing to watch as well.

No comments: