Monday, October 15, 2007

Mean Mommy

I've been patient. Perhaps too patient. I've wanted to let them do it themselves. I don't want to do it for them. I waited a month for them to get their playroom and bedrooms clean. I've offered "incentives" for making sure everything gets done (they can earn DS games, or whatnot). Last night I offered to take them to lunch and bowling if they could get their playroom clean by lunch today. It didn't happen. So, now they have no incentives other than the fact that they can't play with their friends today unless it's done. Tomorrow they have school. If it's not done then, I get to take my garbage bag in. If they can't keep up with their toys and keep treating them like they have (I've found quite a few busted ones recently just because they don't pick them up and end up stepping on them, or throwing them.) I'll have to come up with something they REALLY don't like. Like, maybe, instead of gifts for Christmas, family can donate to a charity in their name.. or give money to put in a savings account.. I hate to be drastic, but I'm at wits end. How do you get your kids to do their chores?

No comments: