Friday, August 10, 2007

Other Reward Programs

Following yesterday's post, I thought I'd mention those other little programs where you carry little cards on your key chain. Those little laminated things that get in the way of the keys and you wonder why in the world you're carrying them.. COUPONS! Yes, you get coupons. The ones I carry are pretty basic.. Kroger & Publix (discounts, coupons, and UPROMISE), CVS (lots of coupons), PetSmart (some coupons), PetCo (blah). I also have one for Best Buy (haven't done a lot here, but friends say it's pretty good) and Staples (ok, but the back to school sales are better).

You can always get those "punch with purchase" type cards with some stores as well. I have one for a bird supply dealer that I get bird stuff from once a year. I've also got one from Beall's that's just about full (thanks to back to school shopping).

My husband has stopped laughing about my coupons. I've gotten money back when shopping with all my coupons. I've gotten stuff free (including Delta Skymiles) by saving all those coke caps (MyCokeRewards).

The good thing about it all, is that it really doesn't take a lot of effort to do it. Just making it into a habit.

1 comment:

DD said...

I'm a coupon user too, and those little cards add up to some nice coupons, especially at Kroger.

I'm the lady who gets $3 boxes of food for .33 cents...so I put all my tips into a page so other people can figure out how to save money too!
http://squidoo.com/usingcoupons

From that page, you can click to other pages I've made..one gives you the links to all the grocery store sales flyers, and another page gives you links to places where you can print free coupons online. Saves a lot of time to have all the info in one place!