Sunday, May 20, 2007

Camping

I took my kids out this weekend camping with our Cub Scout pack again. This trip we went up to Camp Rotary which is at Lake Hartwell. No rain, great weather for a campout. Our pack had lots of activities planned, but by far the most popular was learning to fish. I bought my two new fishing poles and a kids' tackle box at Wal-Mart. Every spare moment during the campout they were asking one or another person to go fishing. We never caught anything, but that didn't deter them by a long shot. Now that I've got my fishing license, I'll take them out to some other lakes to give it a try. I haven't had a fishing pole of my own in years, so I may have to go invest in one for me too. I highly recommend it. Even if you don't EAT the fish, catching them is great fun.

No comments: