Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Rock Ranch

We got back from the Ranch this afternoon. I have to say I was quite happy with our visit. We were the only campers at the Conestoga wagons, so we had the area to ourselves. Included with our stay was a hay ride around the farm, which was neat to see and we got to hear some of the interesting facts about the farm and about S. Truett Cathy.

We made a point of exploring whatever they said we could, including their "Farmland" area which had some goats, sheep, bunnies and a pig. It also had a couple of slides and what they called the "Corn box". It had 9000 pounds of corn in it for the kids to play in (no socks or shoes). My guys thought it was hilarious.

We also got to meet "Eat" from the "Eat More Chicken" cows. He's the last of the original three around.

Just before we left today, we were invited to go "pond dipping" with a group of school kids out there. We found all sorts of water bugs and tadpoles in the water. My daughter was a lot more interested in it than my son, though I think he had fun too.

No comments: