Monday, October 23, 2006

Camping

I have to say camping with the kids was fun. My kids got to experience both the fun side and the not-so-fun side all in one trip. We were fortunate to have someone give us a tent to use. This being our first time out, I was reluctant to invest too much in a tent. I want to make sure my kids enjoy it first. Unfortunately, it rained most of the night (pretty heavily) while we were camping. So the floor of the tent ended up wet. We didn't notice until we woke up and discovered everything outside of the sleeping bags was wet. (I did invest in good sleeping bags.) Next time I'll take along an air mattress (kinda like this one). My back didn't like me when I woke up this morning.

All in all, though, we had fun. It was a Cub Scout pack activity. We did trick or treating for the kids to go tent-to-tent. We had a small "carnival". The male leaders led the boys on a "haunted trail" (my son's favorite part). Lots of chaos and mayhem. Just what the kids wanted. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just add glasses to him and it's a little Bill and Ashley.

- Jon Adair