Tuesday, May 30, 2006

How I became a WAHM

I love my kids and I love being with them, so when I wanted to earn a little bit of spending money it became a search on how to do it. So starting in 2003, I looked into many different part time jobs since my kids were going to a church in the mornings for a couple of days a week. In the end, I decided that if I wanted to earn my own money, it wouldn't be through a part time job, it would have to be something I could do from home.

My first "job" was on eBay. With the big surge on eBay, I tried selling random things on there. After a while, though, I decided with the fees for listing and for selling on eBay and the fees that are associated with PayPal, that it wasn't worth the investment.

So back to the search. I can't use Mary Kay products and there are few Avon that I wanted, so that left out those party companies. Tupperware is always good, but you had to sell a specified amount to remain active. I really wanted something I could believe in, enjoyed using and that didn't require me to sell a specified amount of product each month. That really narrowed down my playing field.

I remembered eventually that one of my friend's neighbors sold Discovery Toys. I remembered really liking their products as well. So, I looked into the company as a potential match. In the end, I joined Discovery Toys in January of 2004. I've loved doing it too. I'm not a top seller by any means, though I know that if I wanted to I could do more than I am.

Discovery Toys products are guaranteed for life! If your child can break the toy, they'll replace it free of charge. You just need to contact your local consultant for assistance. All of the toys are educational in nature. We believe the best way for a child to learn is through play. Parents can play with their children as well and encourage them in everything they do.

Would you like to learn about a career opportunity with Discovery Toys? Visit me, your Discovery Toys Independent Educational Consultant: http://www.ashleystoys.com.

educational, toys, discovery toys, work at home

No comments: