Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Subs becoming Teachers

I haven't made the decision to try to become a teacher yet, but I was looking into the program that allows it. My degree is from Georgia Tech in Information and Computer Science (now just Computer Science) and according to their chart, that means that for some classes, this is what I would qualify to teach:

Computer Science Business Education (6-12)
Computer Science Middle Grades Mathematics (4-8)
Computer Science Mathematics (6-12)
Computer Science Technology Education (6-12)

Now, those that know me know that I have no aptitude for math. I graduated Georgia Tech, but by the skin of my teeth. My downfall? Math. *sigh* I probably would do fine with Business Education, I was a member of my high school's business club, though it depends on what the curriculum is. That would leave Technology. Hmm. Maybe.

Really, though, I like the primary grades with it's overall curriculum. I'll have my first chance at actually "teaching" tomorrow. I'm substituting for a 1st grade teacher at my son's school (not his teacher, don't know if I could teach him). No parapros there.

No comments: