Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Boredom

I'm not the best of stay at home moms when the kids aren't home. Admittedly, I enjoy my quiet time and the chance to catch up on things I want to do. Eventually, though, I get as far as I want and then look for other things to do. I could clean house, but I hate house cleaning. I'll dust/vacuum/etc when I have to, but as soon as the kids get home, it's all there to do over again. So why waste the time?

Instead, I look for ways to optimize my web sites for SEO and get them selling things, goof off with my blog, surf the 'net, and get quite bored. I'd go shopping, but I don't have any money. I've entered all the online sweepstakes I care to for today. Mail has already come and I've tossed out most of that. I cleaned out the leftovers from the fridge already, though I need to get in there with bleach and scrub.

I cleaned off my kitchen counters (they'll be a disaster by tomorrow again), swept the kitchen and the sunroom, done the dishes. I tossed most of the kids toys into their playroom, that they can clean this weekend. I need to mop, but I can't find mine. I could watch a movie, but I have to go get my youngest before its over (so too late for today).

I'm avoiding getting into some of my projects until next week. That way I know kids are well settled in at school so if I put on my iPod I don't have as much to worry about as far as random phone calls from school. I cannot get into soap operas, sorry, just can't. And I just finished Suzanne's book, so I want to take a break from reading for a bit.

Oh well. Another day in the life of a mom that doesn't want to clean. Kids'll be home in a couple of hours.. then I won't be bored any more. :)

No comments: