Saturday, July 30, 2005

A new vision journey

Despite the fact that our optometrist says my son's vision is "normal", he's still complaining that he can't see the letters/words properly to read. My brother-in-law and my sister are both at least mildly dyslexic. So it's possible that's an issue. I was online this morning researching dyslexia and other child vision problems, when I came across some information about vision therapy. Through that site, I ended up at a local vision therapist's web site and their child screening test. Based on the test, I should get my child in for testing. So, I've called and left a message with a local doctor (not the one above) that takes my eye insurance, works with kids, and does vision therapy.

Hopefully we'll figure out what's bugging my son.

No comments: