Wednesday, July 27, 2005

House Cleaning

I hate to clean house. My kids apparently take after me. I've been trying to get them to clean their rooms and their play room for over a week now. Now, don't get on to me, I know.. I shouldn't be so soft. But it's summer and there have been other things to do. They've gotten down to the wire though. TV is off, video games are off and we're at home until it's done. Actually, they have until Friday to get it done. I'll take them shopping for Back to School stuff with their Mimi, then she's invited them to stay a few days. That's fine by me. While they're gone, *I* will clean their toys up. They probably won't like the results either. They're aware of it. They also know that we're supposed to go to Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow, which if they aren't done by then, we won't do.

I thought I would "inspire" them today by getting my cleaning done too. Maybe the house will have a semblance of clean by the end of the day. So far, they keep finding new games to play with the toys that are strewn around the house. I, however, have gotten my bedroom cleaned, my kitchen half way done, and I took a break to blog about it. HA! OH well, back to the cleaning.

No comments: