Tuesday, May 17, 2005

It's a Hit!

I took my kids out to watch a Choi Kwang Do class tonight. My son was the one who was interested, so when he was given a chance to join the class he jumped in. My daughter surprised me (well, sort of) by deciding she'd do it too. She made it through 45 minutes of an hour long class and did quite well. After that, she started melt down phase and wouldn't continue. Still, not bad for a 3 (almost 4) year old. A class of probably 10-20 kids (sorry, didn't count) of varying belt levels and she was the youngest.

My son, though, was quite pleased with the class. He wants me to sign him up so he can earn a black belt. I don't know if he realizes quite how much work it's going to take. He already knows he's going to have to go at least 2 times per week and he's fine with that. They offer a cardio class as well. I may sign myself up for that one, I'll wait and see.

No comments: