Monday, May 09, 2005

Dance Recital

My poor baby. She had her first ballet recital this evening. She'd worked so hard on what she was supposed to do. She got all the way through until the dance teacher was supposed to hand her a pair of sticks for one of the dances. She gave all the other dancers there but just missed my little girl. Carolyn waited patiently, the teacher didn't notice until the music started and I sent my son over to point it out. She ran the sticks up, but at that point my daughter was already devastated. She wouldn't complete the recital. She came off the stage in tears. (Keep in mind, my daughter is only 3, it's a class of 3 & 4 year olds.) Fortunately, it was the last "dance", then the girls did leaps. The show was over at that point. She won't talk about her dance class right now either. Poor thing. The teacher tried to apologize afterward, but my daughter isn't one to forget quickly.

No comments: