Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Sick People

I have to say that getting a house ready for new carpet is a pain. I have to get all my breakables packed up and put away, I have to make sure everything is up off the floor, nothing under the beds, etc etc etc. It's like I'm packing to move house. Of course, I want to do that, but not until NEXT year. I've got other stuff to do to/around the house before we list the house, much less move.

My daughter has had a bad asthma day today. It's a gorgeous warm day, and she can't stop coughing. I'm guessing due to the storms earlier this week followed by the great warm weather, something has bloomed in force. She started with a vague cough last night that robitussin took care of. I made sure she took her flovent this morning, gave her claritin, and a little bit of tussin this morning. About an hour later, she came in asking to do her 'big breather' (the nebulizer), so we did. Normally for about 30 minutes after doing the nebulizer (albuterol) she'll cough then it'll ease up. Well, it didn't ease up. I'd gone to my son's school to volunteer and work with some kids when her teacher called saying she was still coughing. So I brought her home early (much to her dismay) and did the nebulizer again. I'd hoped that that and relaxing would help. No such luck. Tried some creomulsion just for the cough. Nope. Now she's doing the nebulizer (again). I feel so sorry for her. I know she doesn't feel well.

The kids are supposed to go to the great grandmother's sunday for a late Easter celebration. Then stay for part of the week with my husband's family. Unfortunately, it seems that their grandmother has ended up in the hospital sick. She'd been feeling sick for about a week when my mother-in-law took her to the MD to get her checked. She didn't have pneumonia but they took blood work and such. They were asked to come back in when her blood sugar was at 400. Now we're waiting to see how she's doing.

Here's hoping EVERYONE ELSE stays healthy. I'm a mom, I'm not allowed to get sick. :)

No comments: