Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Exercise

My Y is too far away. We've been a member now for about 2 years and my husband has visited once. He complains about being out of shape, but because he works such long days he doesn't make it out there. There's an "away" option for the Y, but we have to pay extra for the Y closest to his office. He won't guarantee he'll use it, so I refuse to invest in it.

I like to decide at the last minute whether or not to go work out. Unfortunately, with the distance it is from us (30 min on a good day), it has to be planned. My son likes to invite friends over (can't say I blame him), which runs us out. I don't want to have to keep the kids out any longer than necessary during the week due to school. It's a quandry.

My newest idea is to drop the Y (make my daughter mad, but there is a local community pool we can use) and get a treadmill for home. I can walk and keep an ear out for my kids while they rampage around. My son can have friends over at the same time too.

So can anyone recommend a good (inexpensive) treadmill? I don't need a heart monitor or Cd player, or such. I need to be able to do an incline and change speeds. If hubby tries it, it may need to be able to do running. I just walk fast.

3 comments:

letti said...

we got a goldgym treadmill recently, but i think it's on the pricey side. I got a pilates video/mat combo and have been doing that almost every night.

Anonymous said...

Ohmigod, lyke, look there! A flying cow!!!1111eleventyone!

TAG!!!

Darlene Schacht said...

Nope, don't know treadmills but goodluck!