Tuesday, February 08, 2005

42

OK. I know my brain works oddly at times, but anyway. My son started Kindergarten this school year. As it is, they take towels to school instead of those nap mats that I grew up with. It makes it easier to clean them, I guess. They go to school on Monday, come home on Friday to get washed, then sent back on Monday. Having a broken dryer, I rotate through 3 different towels as it takes a couple of days to dry and I never remember to wash it before Sunday. ANYWAY, I was packing my son's towel in his backpack the other day and the first thought that came through my brain was "My son is a Hoopy Frood". I'm not going to try to explain that thought to my son, nor will I try to explain Zaphod Beeblebrox. It's just kinda weird that I can be happy that my son is a hoopy frood.

2 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

Hi,

I was just popping by through blogging mommies and I absolutely adore your blog design! I can't say enough. I love web design, but I mostly do books.

The cute story with the awesome blog design is a good combination. I will be back.

Nina said...

They have naps in Kindergarten there? My kid needs to go to that school. He doesn't have a nap time. That cuts into reading and math.