Thursday, January 27, 2005

Am I that creative?

Or is it just that I take the time to play? I'm not sure. We had a power outage over the weekend, lasted around 2 hours. My kids got bored so I came up with something to occupy them. We got out flashlights (we have plenty), and I sent them on a 'bear hunt'. At first they hunted for any bears (or other creatures) they could find. When they started to drift from this I had them pick a teddy bear. They then stayed with daddy while I 'hid' the bear. They then had to find it. They thought this was too cool. When they couldnt' find it, I let out one clue every so often. Such as, upstairs or downstairs, in or on something, under or behind something, etc. It kept them occupied past when our power came back and really didn't require a lot of 'effort' on my part. The last few times I've mentioned doing this, I've gotten 'wow! you're creative!' or something to that effect. ah well. So, I'll share it with you guys if you have kids young enough (mine are 3 & 6), here's a good power out type thing to do. Enjoy!

No comments: