Wednesday, October 19, 2011

About.me

I don't have a Wordless Wednesday entry for today, so I'm going another direction. I recently found out about a word of mouth site called 'about.me'. It creates a great little summary of your self that you can share with friends, new associates and more. It's very customizable and very easy to do.

All about about.me from about.me on Vimeo.

I don't want to make this too simple (most of you that have found me know the basics, I'm sure). But, the first thing to do is to create your account. The system mostly prompts you for your starting information. You can create your title (I used my name), then enter your information. I started with my blog description and altered it somewhat since I wasn't talking about my blog.

I don't care for most pictures taken of me any more, so I selected one I do, then I used that as my background. From there it was just a matter of playing with the fonts, colors and layouts until I got it the way I wanted. I think it took me all of 30 minutes to get it set up. You can see the final product.. Check out my about.me profile!

I signed up and received a pack of free moo business cards (very nice quality, by the way). If you sign up with about.me, you can receive a pack of cards too. I use mine on outings with GCA so that I can keep in touch with new families.

I did this through BZZAgent (I receive free samples and coupons in return for my honest opinion).

No comments: