Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Movies

I took myself off to see Harry Potter Monday. My daughter is a bit too young to see it and my son hasn't really expressed an interest in it. So, while they are still visiting grandparents, I went. I have to say it's as depressing a movie as it was a book. They did do a good job with it, though. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.

I saw a few previews that looked fun too. The first is a new Disney movie called "Enchanted". It's a combo animated-live action movie. It starts animated with your fairy tale princess who is sent by the evil queen to modern day Manhattan. It runs from there.

The second is "The Water Horse". It's a new variation on the Loch Ness Monster theme. A young boy finds an odd rock, which is actually an egg. It hatches and the adventures between the two begin.

Last, but not least, is "The Golden Compass". It looks Narnia-esque in form. It hasn't been rated yet, so I don't know if it's one I'll take my kids to or not. They've seen Narnia, so I guess this one's a wait and see. In the meantime, while checking out it's web site, I found out my inner daemon..

No comments: